Sep 9, 2014

Thai Stir-fry & Zucchini Noodles

For the past 2 months I've been tempted every time I went to Walmart by the Veggeti. Way cheesie, I know! But I've wanted a device to make veggies into noodles for about a year, and they're usually $40. But this one is only $15. So I broke down and bought one. And now that it's zucchini season, I'm so glad I did!

We've tried zucchini and yellow squash so far. I like the thick noodles better than the thin ones. I love it in Asian dishes, with white sauce, and with red sauce. I didn't love it with pesto for some reason (not sure why, it just didn't taste as good). But this has been my favorite recipe hands down!

Also, I found you want to cook these noodles the day you eat them, and they're just as good cooked in the microwave as boiled. So it only takes two minutes to cook if you want to heat up the sauce and veggies for the next day. 1 small zucchini is about 1 serving.

Thai Stir-fry & Zucchini Noodles


6 small zucchinis (made into noodles)
1/4 c veggie oil
1 garlic clove (chopped)
1/4 c soy sauce*
1/4 c rice vinegar
2 t Pad Thai Sauce
2 T honey
1 chicken breast (cubed)
1/2 c carrots (julienned)
1 red bell pepper (sliced thinly
1/2 lb mushrooms

Place oil, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, pad thai sauce, and honey in a wok. Heat to a simmer, add chicken and carrots. Let simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Cook noodles in the microwave for 2 minutes. While  noodles are cooking add remaining ingredients to the wok and cook. Add noodles to the wok and stir until fully covered with sauce. Enjoy!

Yeilds: 6 servings


* Make sure your soy sauce is gluten free. La Choy brad is.

No comments:

Post a Comment