Aug 6, 2013

Gouda & Potato Soup

My mom introduced me to this recipe. It's probably the best tasting potato soup recipe I've ever made (and I've tried out my fair share of them). And best of all, it's a crock pot recipe! So chop the potatoes, shred the cheese and the hard work is over!



Gouda & Potato Soup

6 c peeled Yukon gold potatoes (9 medium)
3 ½ c chicken broth
½ c water
1 small red onion (finely chopped)
2 cups spinach
½ t salt
¼ t ground red pepper
¼ t black pepper
2 ½ c smoked gouda (grated)*
1 can evaporated milk
4 cloves garlic

Combine potatoes, broth, water, onion, spinach, salt, red pepper, and black pepper in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.

Turn slow cooker to high. Slightly mash potatoes, and add cheese, garlic & evaporated milk. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.


*Smoked Gouda is not a flavor I enjoy on a sandwich or crackers (too much smoke for my taste), so I grate what I need, and freeze the rest for next time I want to make this.

No comments:

Post a Comment