Oct 15, 2013

Toffee & Caramel Chocolate Cake

I'm usually not a big fan of cake. But something about a birthday just calls for cake! On my birthday, I couldn't help but put this cake together for myself. I don't believe the birthday girl should have to do too much work for her birthday, so I used a cake mix for the foundation of this. But the extras I added made it oh so delectable!

I find Gluten Free cake mixes to be a little dry, so I infused the cake with caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk. This gave the cake a more rich and moist taste. Then I topped it with whipped cream and chopped Heath bars. This left me with a delicious cake that I had a hard time saying no to a second serving.

Toffee & Caramel Chocolate Cake


1 box cake mix (plus all the fixings to make it)
1 jar caramel sauce (16 oz)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
1 container whipped topping (8 oz, thawed)
4 heath bars (chopped)

Bake your cake according to the package directions. Let cool for 15 minutes. With the handle of a wooden spoon, poke the cake every 1/2 inch. Pour the condensed milk over over the cake. Once the milk has saturated the cake, evenly top with caramel sauce. 

Cover the cake with aluminum foil and cool in the fridge for a few hours (or until completely cold). Top with whipped topping, and sprinkle with heath bars.

Yields: 16 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment