Feb 18, 2014

Greek Shish Kabobs

I've been needing something new for dinner lately. This recipe turned out heavenly! I can only imagine how much better it would taste if made over the grill. Usually when I have something like this over rice, I need a sauce with it. But the chicken was so tender, and I made a Greek Lemon Rice to go with it, and it was just perfect. I wouldn't change a thing.

Greek Shish Kabobs



1 1/2 lbs chicken
4 T olive oil
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 t oregno
1 t salt
1 t pepper
2 T lemon juice
1 red onion (cut into 6ths)
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper

Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and set aside. In a small cup mix 2 T olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Marinate the chicken in the oil mixture for 4 hours.

Put the skewers together altering veggies with chicken. Either grill until cooked, or bake in the oven at 375 for 30 minutes (flipping the kabobs over every 5 minutes).

When done, empty the kabobs into a bowl. Drizzle lemon juice over the meat and veggies and stir so it gets over all the food. Serve over rice or your choice of a lettuce mixture.

Yields: 4 - 5 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment