Apr 29, 2014

Lemon Herb Chicken (Crock pot)

I bought a new crock pot recently. My Husband was fascinated that I told him you could cook a chicken in it. So he bought a chicken and requested I show him how it's done. So we came up with this simple but delicious recipe. It just tastes fresh. The left overs are heavenly on a sandwich. I would have taken a picture of the whole chicken, but my husband was so excited to cut it, I wasn't fast enough!

Lemon Herb Chicken


1 whole chicken (remove the extra bits and discard)
steak seasoning
rosemary
thyme
oregano
1 whole lemon (thinly sliced)
margarine

 Lightly spray the sides and bottom of your crock pot. Place three lemon slices on the bottom of the crock pot. Generously "butter" the chicken with margarine. Generously sprinkle the herbs on the bottom of the chicken (in the order listed above). Place in the crock pot and repeat on the top of the chicken. Place the remaining lemon slices on top of the chicken and cook on high for 5 hours (or on low for 8 to 9 hours). Enjoy with wild rice or mashed potatoes!

Yields: 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment