Apr 22, 2014

Southwestern Eggs In A Nest

I eat a lot of eggs or quesadillas for lunch. It's just easy. But lately I've gotten bored of Scrambled or Fried eggs. So I made this little combination of both. It's still super simple, but a little different. And it satisfies my craving for both. Reminiscent of Eggs in a nest (a dish I was introduced to in Home Ec), this has a southwestern twist to it.

Southwestern Eggs In A Nest


Corn tortillas
Egg
Shredded cheese
Margarine
Pam
Salsa

Heat a pan on medium heat. Cut the centers out of your tortillas. Butter around the outsides. Place one tortilla (margarine side down) on a frying pan. Lightly spray the center. Crack the egg in the center and sprinkle cheese around the outside. Top with second tortilla (margarine side up). Flip when bottom is cooked. Top with salsa and enjoy!

I also will make my son a mini quesadilla out of the center. It's too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment