Jun 17, 2014

Salsa Chili (Crockpot)

I know it's not chili season, but I've been craving chili recently. I love to eat it on top of a hot dog, or even with a side of corn bread. This recipe is easy, and made in a crock pot. I make mine with lean ground turkey instead of ground beef, and my manly meat husband can't tell the difference!

Salsa Chili


1/2 lb ground lean turkey (cooked)
1 can kidney beans (rinsed)
1 can black beans (rinsed)
24 oz chunky salsa
1 can diced tomatoes (un-drained
1 lg onion (chopped)
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 t dried oregano
1/4 t garlic powder
1/8 t thyme

Mix all ingredients into the crock pot and cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 4 hours. If desired, add 1/2 c green yellow and red bell pepper 30 minutes prior to serving.

Yields: 6 - 8 servings


We like to top it with cheese and sour cream, and Dave loves to add tortilla chips. Sometimes I add corn to the mix (like above), and sometimes I make it with extra bell peppers. It's a pretty flexible recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment