Dec 24, 2013

Spicy Rice

I love this rice with Mexican food, but it's also a good side with grilled chicken and veggies. But seriously, I love to eat this with enchiladas, or burritos, or even tacos! I make mine with brown rice because it has 4 times more fiber and tons more nutrients, but you can  make yours with white. It's still so good!

The recipe makes so much I usually do a half batch, but it also freezes well in quart bags if you want to save it for later (hint, when I had baby number 2 I would pull a bag of this out of the freezer, some Taquitos, and call it a meal).

Spicy Rice


4 c cooked rice
2 t salt
2 16 oz cans chick peas
2 12 oz cans corn
1/4 red onion (chopped)

Sauce
1/4 c lime juice
2 T brown sugar
2/3 c oil
2 T vinegar
1 sm. can chili peppers
2 T chili powder
1 t cumin

In a large bowl, mix rice, beans, corn, and onions. Set aside. Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender and mix until all are finely chopped. Toss over rice mixture.

Yields: 10 - 12 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment