Mar 11, 2014

Homemade Baked Good Mixes

Before having baby number two I did a lot of kitchen prep work so I could make quick and easy meals after the baby was born. At that time I stocked my pantry with pre-made baked goods. To make them, I mixed up all the dry ingredients in a big bowl, added dehydrated eggs, put the mix in a zip lock bag and wrote the directions on the front.

I did this with my Gooey Brownies, Honey Cornbread Muffins, and Waffles. It would be easy to do this with most of the quick breads. Here's an example of what I mixed in my Honey Cornbread Muffin Mix.

Honey Cornbread Muffin Mix


1 1/3 c brown rice flour mixture
1 c cornmeal
1 t xanthan gum
4 t baking powder
6 T powdered egg*

Mix all dry ingredients thoroughly. Store in an air tight container for up to two months. I like to write the directions on the bag.

Add to bake:

1/2 c oil
1/2 c honey
1 c water*

Mix together, pour into muffin tins and bake at 400 for 12 - 15 min.


* Make sure you read your powdered egg directions! They might be different than my brand. Also, you can skip the powdered eggs and just add an egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment