Aug 5, 2014

BBQ Burger Kabobs

The whole family loves kabobs! My son loves to put them together and takes pride in knowing he "made" dinner. My husband and I can't help but love the delicious grilled taste of meat and veggies over rice. These kabobs remind me of a BBQ hamburger, but are easily gluten free! And who doesn't love a good hamburger.

BBQ Burger Kabobs


1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 lb lean ground turkey*
1/4 c bacon (cooked, minced)
1 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
1/4 t garlic powder
dash ginger
1 T dried minced onions
1 red onions (cut into wedges)
1 green pepper (cut into large squares)
1 yellow pepper (cut into large squares)
BBQ sauce
Brown rice (4 servings)

Combined ground beef, turkey, bacon, salt, pepper, garlic powder, ginger, and dried onions. Mold into tablespoon size meatballs. Skewer meatballs, onions, and bell peppers. Grill until meat is cooked thoroughly. Slather with your favorite BBQ sauce (I prefer a sweet one for this recipe). Serve over rice.



* I used ground turkey to make the meal a little more healthy. You can't tell the difference when combined with the ground beef, but turkey doesn't bind like beef does.

No comments:

Post a Comment