Aug 26, 2014

Caprese Appetizers

For the past 5 years my husband and I have enjoyed these around Christmas as a delicious holiday appetizer. But this summer I realized I already have cherry tomatoes and basil growing in the back yard! Why not enjoy them right now. And good heavens, these are a million times better with fresh tomatoes.

I have been making a few of these to enjoy with my lunch! They're heavenly with the Sweet 100's we grow. I must admit, when making these for the holidays, I buy mini fresh mozzarella balls. But since I was just throwing these together, I just cut up a string cheese and called it good. It is better with the fresh mozzarella, just saying!

Caprese Appetizers


20 cherry tomatoes
10 mozzarella balls (cut in half)
20 small pieces of basil
1/8 c balsamic vinegar
20 tooth picks

Place 1/8 c balsamic vinegar in a small pot and boil until it thickens a little. Set aside in the fridge to cool. Skewer cherry tomato, basil, then mozzarella balls on a tooth pick. You want to make sure the flat side is down on the mozzarella so it will stand up. Cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve. Just before serving, Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and enjoy!

Yields: around 7 servings (3 a piece)

No comments:

Post a Comment