Aug 12, 2014

Raspberry Crisp

Raspberries are my favorite fruit. I love them! I would eat them all day long. So for me to sacrifice 3 cups of raspberries to experiment with this recipe was a big deal. But it was so worth it, I've made it twice in a week! 

You could probably make this with any fresh fruit (peaches, blackberries, apples, etc.). As these fruits are in season, I fully intend to try them all. I top this with frozen yogurt, but you could top with whipped cream, or ice cream. Or you can sneak it by the spoonful on day two with no topping at all. It's fabulous right out of the oven, reheated, and even cold.

Raspberry Crisp


3 cups raspberries
1 1/2 T cornstarch
2/3 c sugar
1 t vanilla
1 t xanthan gum
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1/3 c oats
1/4 c walnuts (chopped)
3/4 stick butter (softened)
frozen yogurt, ice cream or whipped cream (optional)

Gently mix raspberries, corn starch 2/3 cups of sugar, and vanilla in a bow. Set aside. In a different, larger bowl, combine flour, sugars, oats, walnuts, salt and butter. Mix together with a pastry cutter (or if you get desperate, use your hands). Pour the berries into a 11 x 7 pan and top with flour mixture. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, or until golden brown on top.

Be really patient and let it sit for a few minutes out of the oven and top with frozen yogurt. Enjoy!

Yields: 8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment