Apr 2, 2013

Banana Bread

When I was 24 I went on a few dates the sweetest guy. We were great friends. My family just loved him. I'm sure it had nothing to do with his bringing over warm loaves of banana bread to entice them. I would beg him for his recipe, but he never gave it to me until years later when I was married to my sweet heart and he was seriously dating his own sweet heart.

This is a recipe I knew I had to convert to gluten free. It is moist, heavenly out of the oven, delicious toasted with butter, and even freezes well after being baked. It's so good, my husband didn't know it was gluten free. He thought I had just made the regular loaf of banana bread I usually make!

Banana Bread


1/2 c butter (softened)
1 c sugar
3 large eggs
1 t cinnamon
2 t baking soda
2 c brown rice flour mixture
4 bananas (over ripe and smashed)*
3/4 t xanthan gum

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add dry ingredients and mix together. Add eggs and bananas and bead until fully mixed. Spray down and lightly flour a bread pan. Pour mixture into the prepared pan.

Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, or until your tester comes out clean.


* You can smash up a over ripe banana in a ziplock bag and freeze it for later use. I do this whenever we have just one left that's too ripe, and as soon as I have 4 in the freezer, I make the bread. To use just thaw the banana before adding it to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment