Nov 12, 2013

Sunshine Jello

A few weeks ago my son had some Jello at church and he just LOVED it. Now I don't love Jello, so his frequent requests for it started to wear on me. Until I remembered this recipe my Grandma makes. It starts with a tangy orange layer followed by a creamy lemon layer and topped with mandarin oranges. I added raspberries in ours, because they were fresh out of our garden and I couldn't help myself!

Sunshine Jello


1 large stovetop lemon pudding (with all the ingredients required)
1 small orange jello

1 c milk
1 1/2 c cool whip
1 small lemon pudding
1 can mandarin oranges

Cook the stovetop pudding according to directions. Set aside. Mix jello with 2 c boiling water then add the cooked pudding and chill overnight. You can prepare this in a 8 x 11 pan or you can prep it in individual serving cups.

Combine milk, cool whip, and instant pudding. Spread over top of cooked pudding and chill an additional 2 hours. Top with mandarin oranges.


No comments:

Post a Comment