Nov 26, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

My husband requested Pumpkin Cookies the other day, and they sounded so delicious to me, I couldn't help but make them gluten free. He prefers pumpkin cookies with a glaze, I prefer pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips. So I compromised and did both! You can skip either or indulge in both sides. Perfect for the Thanksgiving season, or any time you crave pumpkin. This made so many, I had to pack some up and give them away for fear of eating them all!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


1/2 c butter (melted)
1 1/2 c sugar
1 c pumpkin
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 t xanthan gum
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
2 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c chocolate chips (optional)

Glaze (optional)
2 c powdered sugar
2 T milk
1 T butter (melted)
1 t vanilla

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Cream all wet ingredients in the mixer, then slowly add dry ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips.

Scoop onto a silicon baking mat, or wax paper by the rounded tablespoon. Bake at 350 for 14 - 16 minutes.

If desired, mix together glaze and pour over cookies while still warm on the drying wracks.

Yields: about 36 cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment